Design Features: A great deal of time, effort, and thought has been put into the design of our Disc Grills. Rounding out each design thought was function ability and ease of use that would lead to a great outdoor cooking experience for each and every user! What makes the original Disc Grill unique and truly one-of-a-kind?
- Each unit is built to last and hand-crafted individually one at a time
- The disc itself is made from a very high quality bellota steel from Spain that will last a lifetime and provide a phenomenal cooking surface
- The entire unit can be broken down for ease of transport and a variety of uses
- the disc is removable from the burner unit which makes for easy cleaning and serving
- the legs are removable which gives you adjustable cooking heights – you can cook low to the ground, set the unit on a tailgate or table without the legs, or you can add the legs to provide you with a waste high burner and cooking grill
- you can use simply the burner unit without the disc to cook in other skillets or pots when needed or desired – this can also be done with or without the legs depending on the height needed
- you can remove the disc and place a piece of expanded grill metal over the burner unit and use the open propane flame to roast marshmallows, wieners, etc., or grill whatever you want on the cooking surface provided by the expanded perimeter cooking surface
- the burner unit can also be used a great source of heat when sitting on the backyard patio, in a garage or around a cold camp
Ease of Maintenance and Care Features: It is known and understood that most Disc Grill units will encounter Mother Nature’s elements from time to time or for some, all the time. The all steel construction of our units will stand up to years of the elements and require very little maintenance or care to keep in good working order.
Care, Maintenance, and Cleaning Tips:
- Each unit ordered comes with a good quality, high heat, flat black enamel paint job. To keep your unit looking good and resistant to rust, we recommend that you repaint it once every couple of years. The simple way in which the unit can be disassembled makes this a breeze. Any high heat metal paint will do a fabulous job.
- When not in use, it is recommended that either a custom cover be used to keep the cooking surface covered or simply remove the disc and place it upside down atop the burner unit. This will keep the disc and burner in great shape.
- For cleaning your disc or prepping it to cook, we recommend boiling some water in it and then cleaning the disc cooking surface with steel wool. This will remove whatever rust might have formed or any food particles left over from the last meal. It also recommended that the disc surface be coated with a light layer of cooking oil to keep it seasoned and protected. The steel wool will not damage the disc’s cooking surface, but rather keeps it smooth and functional. Since the disc simply slides on and off the burner unit, cleaning and dumping of the contents are very simple!
Over time and use, the disc’s cooking surface will go from being clean and shiny looking to getting some more dull and darker colorations. These duller and darker colorations are perfectly normal and occur as a result of the steel being heated time and time again while cooking. The coloration of the steel will change over time, but the surface will remain smooth and functional due to it being cleaned with the steel wool. In time, the appearance of the cooking surface will resemble that of a seasoned cast iron skillet even though it is not made from cast iron metal.